Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Memorable Memorial Weekend Visit


A handwritten map in a fancy note card arrived last weekend, from my dear friend Crystal and hubby Jim.  She made the map because their beautiful new home wasn't on mapquest yet.  Nestled on a pond stocked with fish, and shrouded in a thick wood, they pulled up stakes from our little village and relocated to their retirement home that they built and designed last year.  We were fortunate to have helped them sell their home, and quickly during a difficult market, and they in turn found their dream property, an hour and half drive from ours, in the middle of farm and amish country.
 It only took me a minute to text her, yes, we would love to visit, and oh, could we make that a sleepover!  Leaving my teen and older one behind, I left strict instructions, which upon return weren't exactly followed, but hey, the house was still standing and no major messes were waiting.  I took a lot of pics, because I was so enamored with the setting, and the beautiful home and work areas.  Crystal is an expert seamstress and upholsterer, and Jim now professionally fishes and maintains the acreage.  We loved every minute!


Fresh caught Blue Gill fish dinner, then more fishing after dinner! 





Yum, and fun!
 Such a beautiful setting, the view from the paddle boat...


 A beautiful spring night on the dock...then fish cleaning practice the next day












A tour of the workrooms and special projects.  She loves to embellish things, the jacket has beautiful hand beading and embroidery, she has whole closets of artsy clothing.  Crystal always dresses for church, and as long as I have known her, she always sported a fancy hat and matching bag and shoes.  She is one stylin good friend!


We enjoyed our little getaway, and left with a bag full of fresh fileted fish that we dipped in beer batter and cooked up.
Such luxury!  

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter