Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, October 7, 2012

Falling in love with Fall

and grateful, we survived the hottest summer on record...I have been storing up lots of summer and early fall memories, mostly in my camera...

boating with my 2 gals

grilled pizza, with our homemade sauce and tomatoes



boating in sweatshirts, on a cool night

ahhhhhh, the view from the boat
Fall is certainly gearing up to be beautiful this year, the trees are just about the point of contrast.  Of course, I am spending more time in the kitchen and savoring all those tomatoes my strip of yard produced.  I am so proud of my bounty, I even wrote a paragraph about it in our Cleveland newspaper, and it got accepted, "How did your garden grow, this summer". Click this link to read it, I am the last one.. Garden Essay 

Tomato Pie Recipe page 1, click pic
My newest neighbor (recently moved here from Texas) made me a wonderful Tomato Pie, with some of the surplus, and the recipe follows:

Tomato Pie Recipe page 2, click pic
  (These pics are from a site, we ate the pie way too quickly and missed the opportunity!)


What else have I been doin/making lately?  You will laugh when you see how I have deviated from my sewing/crafting roots.  My crafty travel case has been toting jewelry making supplies, as I have been entertaining myself more in transit than chained to my craft room.  I have some cute ideas on outfitting a makeup case like mine, you can find them in abundance in vintage and garage sales.  Mine was 5 bucks and it is perfect for toting divided boxes and sharp tools without taking up too much space. I plan to upgrade the lid with magnets and storage for tools for easy access.  I'll post when that happens.  My jewelry skills are still at the novice stage, but I have been experimenting with crocheting wire and adding the beads.  It creates a rich effect, especially if you layer the strands.  We have a bead warehouse, nearby where I can find the unusual, and rare stone and glass beads you see here.  And of course, in the the4Rs mindset, I forage for beads at goodwill, garage sales, and even pirate my own collection, redesigning and restringing.  Instant gratification, minimal brain activity, almost like basket weaving...


Life has had it's own challenges, the drama of a teen and young adult who occupy my mind.  My son Kevin, (who moved home last year) pictured above here,  fixing a flat screen tv, and his work with a non-profit organization in downtown Cleveland,  that makes me so proud, Kids In Need...more about it here

and daughter, Kate, seen here with her homecoming choice and very tall beau...note the 5 inch heels that make her almost my height! LOL


Post dance pics below...














I read some inspirational blogs, including 48 Days Podcast, one of the featured speakers was David McCullough, the following are quotes from a recent commencement address“Exercise free will and creative, independent thought not for the satisfactions they will bring you, but for the good they will do others, the rest of the 6.8 billion — and those who will follow them. And then you too will discover the great and curious truth of the human experience is that selflessness is the best thing you can do for yourself,”  and he summarized with: “The sweetest joys of life, then, come only with the recognition that you’re not special. Because everyone is.”  (You can read the entire short message here.)
If you are a regular reader, I apologize for the lack of posting, but I hope that the inspiration is still there for you to sample.  I covet some feedback, a word or two, to keep me going?  Thanks!!!


No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter