Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finishing Nothing, Finding Peace

What do I mean by this title!  Not sure, but having a long spell away from my sewing/crafting, as my two jobs demand my attention.  Digital crafting by pinning my favs on Pinterest, I fill my longing for creating by looking at others contributions.
  At least I am saving the best for the day when I can unbury my sewing machine and work table.  Till then, I am at peace with just getting through.  Been a number of set backs, lately with broken garage door, cars, water faucet, and checking account...ha ha.  With the sun, these past few days, I feel more positive.  That said, I also have found peace with hubby doing alot of cooking and baking for us with my two job schedule.   Double work days for me, usually means some yogurt, pbj and then popcorn before bed.  Not exactly healthy, but keeps up the energy... Enough of that, I do have to show you some of my recent creations that I hope to finish...

And a recent Sunday off meant I could focus on some family time.  Daughter has two friends under weather, so we made some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, from scratch of course.  I had to buy the buttermilk, so I found myself at the grocery buying candy hearts and other supplies.  Baking is always a pleasure, and this recipe was good; I added a bit more cocoa, as we just have to have our chocolate.  Find the recipe here: Red Velvet Cupcakes  I had originally pinned it on my My Pinterest where I now shop for recipes I had pinned.  I love seeing so many being repinned by family and friends...what an addition!



I didn't add too much red color, as one friend might be sensitive...but they were delicious and well received!
And today, another Sunday off meant church, cooking a healthy meal, baking some toffee bars, getting daughter to her Life Group large group meeting at church.  Been having some issues lately, about posting stuff on facebook and having our extended family viewing it.  I have been especially concerned about putting too much out there on blogs and Pinterest etc. This blog still  is my crafting outlet, but I must be sensitive to privacy. With that said, my next one will be sooner and with some great tutorials, I have been crafting in my mind.  Come back for some fresh ideas...till then...





No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter