Well we are finally welcoming spring, with all the rain and high winds! I am grateful for the end of winter, though today was one of the worst days on record for tornadoes, especially in Alabama.
There is hope!
Roast at 350 degrees Makes 8 servings
1 leg of lamb, about 7 lbs – boned and rolled
Seven Herbs stuffing
2 T Olive oil
1 small green pepper, halved seeded into strips
½ c finely chopped carrots, onion, celery
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 cans condensed beef bouillon
¼ c all purpose flour
½ c cold water
1. Remove strings from rolled leg of lamb, carefully and unroll meat. Spoon seven herbs stuffing onto surface. Re-tie lamb, following butcher’s original ties. Season outside with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a rectangular heavy roasting pan or heavy skillet; brown lamb on all sides. (Takes about 15 minutes) Transfer lamb to oven in the heavy roasting pan or transfer form skillet to regular roasting pan.
3. Roast in moderate oven (350) about 60 minutes. Stir pepper, carrots, onion, celery and garlic into pan drippings.
4. Roast 35- 60 minutes longer, or until a meat thermometer registers 140 for rare or 150 for medium. Transfer meat to a heated platter and keep warm.
5. Place roasting pan over heat and add beef bouillion. Heat to boiling; lower heat; simmer 5 minutes. Strain liquid into a medium-size saucepan and discard veggies. Skim fat from surface of liquid. Heat slowly to boiling.
6. Combine flour and cold water in a cup to make a smooth paste.
7. Stir paste slowly into boiling liquid and continue to stir until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Keep warm until serving time.
8. Carve part of lamb into slices, removing strings as you carve. Arrange lamb and slices on heated serving platter, arranging veggies. Serve with hot gravy.
Seven Herbs Stuffing
½ c (1stick) of butter or margarine
¼ t of each of the following: leaf marjoram, dried mint, leaf basil,oregano,sage,rosemary
1 bay leaf crumbled
1 t salt
¼ t pepper
1 ½ c soft white bread crumbs (3 slices)
1 T lemon juice
1. Stir butter or margarine with a wooden spoon until soft in a small bowl.
2. Combine all the herbs by pulsing in a food processor, till pulverized. Add to softened butter with bread crumbs and lemon juice, blending well.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes recipe here
Looking forward to seeing all your great projects, I will be picking a random winner on Sunday night, till then!