Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Double nickel, 55!

Laugh out loud, you didn't think I would put a picture of what I look like at this age!  The cute couple (us) to the left is a pic taken at a friends wedding.  I think we were married for a year, and we were back in the country by then.  Hubby has the obligatory 80's mustache!  Not sure who has caught his attention, but I blissfully smile for the pic!

Yes, I had another birthday today  yesterday!  The day went well, beginning with sitting for Paula's daughter while she went for radiation for breast cancer.  I brought my daughter along, and we both agreed, it was our gift to be a blessing to them.  And I got to spend most of the rest of the day with my darling 14 year old, part of the time at her fav stores at the mall.  I used my gift card to buy us some fab earrings, and for her, more shirts to go with all those skinny jeans, I will never be able to wear!  I have so enjoyed the fame that comes with having lots of Facebook friends, over 30 wishes by this hour!  I feel so special! 

My last post talked about my success at my quilt shop job.  Well, alot can happen in a few days.  I am no longer working there.  There is a story, but I believe God will open a window after the door was slammed there.  I have already had two interviews, retail of course, so I am hopeful.  Meanwhile, I will probably will continue to help sell real estate, make and sell crafts at few craft shows, substitute teach, and work a few hours a week to fill in the gaps.  I have so enjoyed the beautiful day that was today, I am in no hurry to do much!  To the left, a pic from brother's 50th, we celebrate alot of special days through July -September.  Daughter is the exception, in November.




My quilt has been stalled, but I cleaned up my sewing room, to purge any bad karma.  Daughter wants a new curtain for her closet.  I had this one there, (above) made form vintage crochet panel and old sheets.  She thought it looked "old lady".  Here is the beginning of the new one.
I had this pile of shiny black, kind of see through fabric, and I married the pink duck I had from a thrift store.  Daughter wants to paint her room a sophisticated gray, and wants black accents.  Her bedding was a big investment last year, so I convinced her to work with the bright colors, and coordinate with black and white.  You can see how slick it looks, and then back lit, with the closet light, how it makes her clothes look etheral?
And I attempted to make my birthday cake, with only 1 egg, since I was out.  White cake mix calls for 3 egg whites, so after scrapping it out of the pans, I poured the scraps into a big bowl, mixed with the frosting and coolwhip and called it dessert! 
I probably won't do this again, but it tasted it ok.  My gal friend Max dropped by with Eggplant parmesan, gifts and card.  She made my day, especially since it had been a pretty difficult week for us both! 
I leave you with the pics from a beautiful day, I thank God for it and for my family and blogging friends!



No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter