Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yummy Summer No Bake Dessert

Chocolate Eclair Dessert RecipeI promised I would post a yummy recipe, and it was my 14 year old daughter who discovered it.  She had to bring a typical Guatemalan type of dish for her Spanish class. She googled for it, and this no bake Eclair Dessert came up. It was so easy, and comes together fast. I like that it was economical too but fed her whole class! This would be lovely for a Fathers Day gathering, or any time you want to serve something refreshing and not too unhealthy!  I found the recipe in many places under different titles, it most resembles an eclair, so here are my easy steps with pics.  Actual recipe can be found below.


The first step is whipping up the instant puddings with milk. You will add the thawed cool whip to the mixture. Start layering graham crackers across the bottom of a 9 x 13 or large pan.  (we used cinnamon, it gave it a nice kick!)

Here you see blobs of the mixture on top of the first layer.  Add more crackers on top, and then layer in more of the pudding mixture.



 After the third layer, melt the frosting in a microwave safe dish, just till gooey, mine took around 40 seconds, be careful you don't burn it! Pour and spread on top of last graham cracker layer.  Chill for at least an hour, and enjoy!
Here is the recipe as it was written from All Recipes.com
Eclair Dessert
Ingredients:

2-3 individual packages graham crackers
2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix


3 cups milk


1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed


1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting (or make your own)


Directions


1.Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Stir well. Stir in whipped topping to pudding mixture. Spread half of mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers and frost with chocolate frosting. Refrigerate until serving.

Daughter had her last day of 8th grade today, we celebrated with a huge party at the local pool, I was on the volunteers committee.  We had a huge outpouring of food and water donations, people were so generous!  I think the kids had fun!  Now we have the whole summer to get ready for high school! 

And just a few comments about our crazy weather!  We have had record heat many days that were preceded by record rains, April and May.  Here are pics of the result in my yard



Guess Roses like it!

 Don't forget to post your linky on my Reap What You Sew linky #8. Something that reminds you of your dear old dad!  Add yourself as a follower and comment if possible!  I changed the closing time to Monday or Tuesday each week, so everyone can get in.  I plan to pick my fav's and feature on a post during the week. See ya on Sunday!

7 comments:

Wendys Hat said...

Your garden is beautiful!

The4Rs said...

Thank you, we get to enjoy for such a short time, love your blog and thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks fine
but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then
that, awesome blog!

Also visit my webpage; 1 year anniversary gifts

Anonymous said...

Wow! Finally I got a website from where I can genuinely get helpful
facts regarding my study and knowledge.

Feel free to visit my web-site ... Memo Holder

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and effort you put into your website and in depth information you provide.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information.
Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS
feeds to my Google account.

Feel free to surf to my blog - korillolatino.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar
one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?

If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can advise?

I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.

Feel free to visit my webpage: bamboo hamper

Anonymous said...

IT'S SOO EASY THAT I'M DOING IT TODAY >>> AMAZING BLOG

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter