Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Teacher Getting Schooled and Linky #11

Less than 2 weeks ago, I was an out of work teacher, and today, I am the student and the teacher, all at once! I am still trying to learn as much as I can about each of the machines,  I got to teach how to make an accessory bag for new Bernina machine owners today. 

  Luckily, I had made my bag last Sunday with a loaner sewing machine from the shop at home.   I think it turned out great, though I have to admit, I made a few mistakes.  But that is how we learn, right?  Teaching how to make the bag, using many different feet and pointing out the features as I went along, went well, up until I decided to warm up my soup in the microwave, while the AC was on, and the iron and the sewing machines...well I blew a fuse! That caused me to lose my train of thought, and I misdirected my student on one part, that I was able to correct with my boss, Nancy's help.  At the end, I think our student was pleased with the results, and enough to sign up for the rest of the new owner classes we are offering in the future.  Along with selling machines, my job will be to coordinate the classes we teach, making sure we have the right materials and time set aside.  My days go so fast, I miss meals and potty breaks.  I hope to get into a routine each day, so I can pace myself better. 
The black tote, was unseamed, and given to me by one of my bosses.  She gave it to me when she saw I was trying to add a panel to an existing bag, but it wasn't working well, and I didn't want to rip it apart to add it.  So using the unfinished bag, I made a pocket, using the embroidery panel, created on the amazing 830 machine, top of the line, pictured in my last post.  I made the square, then framed it with prints I had in my stash.  I lined the panel, and then sewed it on 3 sides to create a pocket.  I used some matching pieces to fashion a cell phone holder, just inside the bag, to keep my phone accessible, not in the jumble that travels with me!

I think it turned out great, it is my new everyday purse/tote.
A trip into my garden at the end of the day yielded a reward. This is one of two bowls of berries I was able to pick, even though I haven't spent any time cultivating...I so love perennials, they treat us every year, with little effort!

Loved the links form last weeks party, not too many this time, but I so enjoyed them all.  Hope to feature a few in coming posts. 

Well, it is getting late, and I am dead tired, here is this weeks' Reap What You Sew Sundays, it closes up by Monday night, so please stop by, and post a link of something that was inspired by nature!  Please comment, add yourself as a follower and put the linky party badge somewhere on your site.  I really want to build this as a weekly event, but I don't know if there are too many of these out there,  time will tell.  Have a great week, talk to you by next weekend!

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter