Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lovin the job and Linky #10

 
I am so loving my job, at Abigayles Quiltery!  I have spent the last 3 days learning the machines, and am in the process of assembling my samples so that I can teach new machine owners and prospective ones how amazing all the features are.  Pictured here is the top of the line, retailing around $13,000.  Yes, I am not kidding, though it is on sale for $9,999.  It is an amazing computer and it is so intuitive!  Here is a pic as I am creating an embroidery design with the shop's name for my tote bag.  I will share pics of the tote, after it is finished, I left it at the shop today, as I want to sew it onto the side as a pocket. (See the amazing quilt, behind the machine, it is Friends Garden? with lots of embroidery and applique, one of the many classes teaching techniques)

Check out all the "feet", that allow you to do so many different things!  I have been working my way through them all and it is amazing how simple it is to change them, as the computer reads which you have put on and then gives you a readout of available options. Of course it is self threading, cuts and lifts at the end of a sequence.  You can see the amazing embroidery options, one is on the screen above, I am attaching it on the side of a tote.

Meanwhile, I want to thank the bloggers who posted their linky's last Sunday, don't you think these are cute!  From the Victorian Rabbit, these wonderful scrubbers!
Tawashi's 003
 
And from Something Created Every Day, this great mixed media craft for Father's Day!

Love your links ladies, keep visiting each week, I try to have the code up by mid week, closing the day after Sunday. Please post a link this week of an idea that reminds you of summer! Grab my button on the side bar, add yourself as a follower if you aren't already that is, and comment if possible.  Thats it, I hope to have a giveaway again soon.  Keep visiting, and have a great week!

4 comments:

Sawdust and Paperscraps said...

Hmmm, something I've sewn that reminds me of summer? I really haven't sewn that much but I want to sew a beach bag. By the time I do though, you'll have a whole different theme again... Oh well. :-) Sandra

Lynda said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Father's Day framed gift. Congratulations on your new job. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for hosting. -Lynda

Delilah said...

thanks for the invite!

BluBabesCreate said...

I'm here and it's too late. Thanks for stopping by and you're free to follow along.

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter