Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 101st Post, and Linky Party #6

Wow, I just saw in my post editor that I have written 100 posts to date.  I started this blog in 2008, right after I began selling my wares at the4Rs.Etsy.com.  My goal back then was simply to post slice of life stuff and occasionally a recipe or tutorial or two.  At first, I was worried about what I would say, who would care and whether or not I would have the time to keep it up.  I am happy to say my worries were for nothing!  And I never realized how much fun it was to make friendships and learn so much every time I log on!

I continue to be awed by the amazing talents of the bloggers I meet every week, and I wanted to be sure to showcase as many as I can.  The linky parties seemed like a way to make this happen, and of course my first 5 were also giveaways.  Since I have been in a purging mode lately, gifting a winner each week with a gently previewed crafting book seemed like a great idea.  And the recipients have been most grateful!  Going forward, the out of pocket costs are starting to add up, so I plan to offer up a weekly linky with a theme, and the only reward is the fun you will have traveling around the blogging world as you see links of new and familiar bloggers.  I will welcome any sponsors that want to help me offer free stuff, but until that happens, I want my 50+ followers to know I plan on keeping you all coming back for more inspirations.  Writing this blog has been so satisfying on so many levels, I hope to make it even better and better.  Bless you all...

I mentioned last post I would offer up some refashion ideas.  I have been on such a tight budget, new spring and summer clothes will have to wait.  If you are like me, you save stuff that doesn't fit, doesn't look right, too small too big etc.  Which gives me the reason to  shop my closet?  There are so many great ideas on the internet with the tag of refashion out there, there is nothing that can't be remade to be wearable right? I will post my tut, as soon as it is finished, till then, please post your links, showing how you recycled, repurposed, redid and renewed...4Rs style!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is a great idea. I love recycling old things. I look forward to seeing more of what you have done! I just posted a skirt that I made from an old sheet, stained curtain and some fabric that I had. True, I did add some new lace and elastic, but that is seriously cheap.

Vasu said...

beautiful stuff

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter