Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What I've been doing for the past 2 weeks, and summer is just beginning! Also Thrift Pile Part 4

 I have been snapping tons of pictures and talking to myself about what I want to post next, what project I would like to show, and every day I have more of these thoughts. I hate to be chained to typing posts every day, but the pictures are piling up. So here goes, what I have been doing the two weeks, and I finish with a link to my Thrift Pile Tutorial Part 4 60's flavor skirt below, and a link to 2 Link Parties Sew and Tell Fridays. and Tea Rose Home Link Party #12


 First, my little niece Kimmy (pictured in my wedding photos as flower girl) turned 40 on June 2nd! (I have 2 nieces with the same birthday, Happy Birthday Ashley as well!) I found this cute Tea Pot at a Tuesday Morning store, kind of like a Big Lots, don't know if you International Girls know what I am talking about, but stuff is cheap and different. I put together a little basket with a flower topped box of tea, and my infamous dress topped kitchen towel. I have so many baskets laying around, I like giving gifts in them, my attempt to recycle, as usual. I cover the bottoms with padding and fabric, but sometimes also make a basket liner.



 I stupidly held a garage sale for 3 days, with only a Craigs list post. I made enough $ for a haircut and dye.

Went last week to a pick your own farm, got some daughter time, and she is hiding as usual from the camera as she helps me crush the berries for jam. The smell was heavenly as we prepared to make jam to can.










Jam looks great, but was better suited to topping waffles,

 Well I couldn't stop with just jam, so a few days later, I pulled out the rest of the berries and made this super yummy cake. Check out my next post for the how to's!

 
Thrift Pile Tutorial Part 4,

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love your tops!!

The4Rs said...

Hi Princess! Thanks for your comment, I don't like modeling, but sometimes, I have to reveal myself. I know I should be proud to wear my age, but sometimes vanity wins out! Hope you are having a great first weeks of summer!

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter