Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Monday, February 8, 2010

Flickr Contest Closed, kudos to Jessica!

First let me share with you the winner of my tiny little Flickr Invitational, Jessica from Ohsohappytogether
She has been a loyal follower and promoter of my attempts to be a blogger.  She posted the most pics on my flickr group so she will receive my little vintage crochet dress to use in whatever way she wants.  She has the most adorable little girl who cheerfully models her creations and inspires her to design such kid friendly and adorable things!  I would love to meet more readers who enjoy working with vintage and certainly recycling and upcycling things to give new life to them.  It is a fun and very green thing to do, right?

 Totally inspiring to me is to see where people work, and I got to feature my work room all cleaned up for it's 15 minutes of fame on a blog that is all Where People Create. You will see the pics of my space that were from last summer, when the sun was so bright and my computer was not in the forefront as it sits now.  I have many projects in progress sitting on tables right now, so a current pic would not be possible.  Here is the link to view my space:
http://wherepeoplecreate.blogspot.com/2010/02/sandra-mcmanamons-studio.html

My sis's bday was last weekend.  I just finished a little pretty for her, that I am mailing today. 
It is a little notebook holder with pockets for a sewing kit, or receipts or whatever.  The cute baby is her darling grandchild Zora, who is over a year now.  The pic was such a favorite of mine, I have blogged about it more than once. Made from an unfinished linen dresser scarf that my mom had started, probably over 25 years ago, I couldn't resist making it a part of the gift.  Feb 9th is the anniversary of her passing, and after my sisters bday on the 5th, my thoughts always turn to her memory.
My sis Jean who lives in Greenville, South Carolina has been very active with the Girl Scouts for many years, and as a result she had put together a Powerful Women Summit, that helps pair girls with successful women who provide a mentoring opportunity. She has done this in years past, but I believe interest in the project is growing each year. It gets bigger and better.   She has been featured on the news and has made many connections to the women's business associations that will help empower just women to become successful in whatever they choose to do. A link to the article written about her is here.  Because of bad weather, it was postponed, but is rescheduled.  She told me that they were able to accomodate more girls as a result of the rescheduling.  What an inspiration, I am very proud of her.  Happy Birthday Jean, my younger sis!  Keep up the great work!  I definately credit my mom with her example of always doing a good turn.  Those turns continue to inspire.

What are you blog readers doing that inspires others?  Have you checked out the blog at Margarets Hope Chest lately, they make quilts and donate them to those in need.  I know they were gathering for Haiti as well, and many other bloggers are donating their talents to this cause.  I have some projects I am considering right now, that maybe will lead me down a new path.  We will see.  I know I mentioned getting fit again; this was postponed last week, so it hasn't started yet.  I hope to be getting inspired to make some changes, and soon.

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter