Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wishes Fulfilled

Happy New Year everyone. I looked over my top 10 wish list (from my last post) for the season, and I believe I got all of my wishes. I especially enjoyed traveling to see my brother and sister and families. Something we don't often do, because of weather and schedules. My hubby's family is large and we always get together once a year a week before Christmas. We have swelled to nearly 40 people when all 6 boys families, and their children's children are assembled. I got to host this gathering last year, if you check back to my postings, you will see some of the featured recipes.This year was at the youngest boys house, and with its' big basement, plenty of room for all ages.


So when my brother called me to invite us to his holiday in NC, I was excited to see his beautiful home on Lake Norman, to take a tour of the lake in his boat, and to exchange gifts with my family.




A beautiful sunny but cold day on Christmas Eve, but what a treat! Our dog Bella enjoyed being with us, even though it meant cramming her into a too small jeep with both of my kids, hubby and stuff. The 8 hour car ride was challenging but a small price to pay!



I brought my crocheting along, and finished the edging on the hat, gloves and scarf for my younger sister. She is modeling them for you in this pic. I made jammies for my daughter and myself,. I hand stitched pics of our dog Bella onto my hubby's slippers, since the slippers often get taken by her anyway; this way they are personalized for them both. I made funny potholders for my sis in law, that featured pics of her and brother, with the words 2 hot to handle. Both of them get overheated, and I thought it appropriate to place this on potholders. Sorry no pic, but you get the picture!



One gift from my hubby I particularly love is a new chef's knife. After 31 years of marriage, our knives have really seen better days, so it was a thoughtful and much appreciated gift! So sharp, that in cleaning off the blade, I cut myself, as I prepared to slice strawberries, yes that is real blood. My finger has healed enough to type this, but it was a surprise.
















Daughter Kate and Bella cuddle on the way home. Happy but tired, we had a great time, and return to our gray and snowy Cleveland home. New Year's Resolutions, include making the time to connect with family, and to be in awe of the bonds that tie us all together.



No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter