Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter Crafting Contest and Musings








Some fav pics from the past week. My light colored dog does not look so pretty today, the last of the snow is melting away to make room for next weeks snow. Warm for January, it is in the 40's and unusual but not unwelcome. Wearing layers and wool are getting boring, hubby got to bask in Florida sunshine last week for business. Thankfully he didn't rub it in too much, as we slog through the mud of day to day. Daughter wrote a welcome home message on every one of our reachable windows, in neon marker. It was cute, but not much fun washing off! She is seen here playing rock band, she is getting pretty good. I took a turn today on drums, but my carpel tunnel is acting up on my good hand. Last year I had surgery on my right, that to date has been a big improvement. Got to baby the left, since I don't want to go through the long weeks of recovery and therapy.
Crafting a few items for my etsy shop, still enjoying crochet, I made a matching set and embellished both with crochet flowers. I sold a few of my "Powels" I thought I should make a few more. Below you see my crocheted dish cloth paired with a Powel in pastels. I embellished both with crochet flowers. The little red number is a vintage potholder, typical of the 30's and 40's, probably kept in someones linen drawer, it was in pristine condition. I bought a number of these to make into stuff. They look cute attached to terry cloth, and they get to live a new life working hard in the kitchen or bath. I have also made pin cushions out of these little cuties. Pic below is of my favorite pink dress, it sits proudly next to my sewing supplies. The little yellow one is for sale in my etsy shop.











You can see how to recycle a tuna can, simply pack with batting, hot glue your crochet potholder, I embellished with a little vintage lace and silk roses.
So unique and fun, holds pins well, I use the sash to stick my hand sewing needles.

What vintage stuff are you proud of making into something new and unique? Brag about it, leave me a comment and pics. I am creating a new flickr group for you to post your pics. I am having a contest, for the most postings in my new group, you will win one of my cutie little vintage crochet dresses. Look for the pic in my flickr group. Enter as many pics as you want! This is the first time I am running a group, I will mention the highlights here on my blog. Contest ends next Sunday, January 31 at 8:00 pm eastern standard time. Can't wait to see what you are making!

2 comments:

Happy Together said...

I shared your contest on my blog today :) What a great idea for a Flickr group!

san said...

thank you so much Jessica, you are such a giving blogger!!!!

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter