Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Monday, November 9, 2009

My Living Space



If Mr. Linky brought you here today, Welcome! Of if you read other blogs, you know that sometimes your blogger friends get you to post pics that you wouldn't ordinarly. I took the my living space challenge from Heather, at Want What You Have , one of my regular blogs that I check in on. She asked for readers to link and show their space. In addition to the room I designed and had built in 1999 (with hubby of course) I am showing pics of my vintage linens collection. Well what I am not showing you is the real place I live, in my craft room. There you will find stacks, and piles and the maybe-I'll-get-around-to-it projects. Sunday is my next opportunity to sell my wares with my gal pals, under the sign of "It Takes A Village". If you have been a reader of over a year, you may have seen that I sent my pals in my place as I went on a biz trip with the hubby. Finances and animals are keeping me here this year, I will miss the garment district, where I poke through dusty old stores for sewing notions.


Oh well. I'll be plenty bizzy so I will content myself with what I must do in the next few days. No sub jobs till the end of the week, which leaves me no excuse but to tackle. But as promised, I am adding a tutorial here for a funky child's puppet, that I never got around to last summer, but plan to sell at the Early Childhood Homes for the Holidays Market at our Community House on Sunday.

Here is my Buggy Puppet Tutorial





















Whew, I made 6 and stopped, don't know how well they will be received by the buying public. Time will tell.
As to directions, if you follow the pics, you will see how simple they are. Using old or new garden gloves as a base, simply cut an oval shaped body out of fun foam. Using a glue gun, assemble a matching pair of heart shaped wings. I cut a styrofoam ball in half and embellished them with wiggly eyes or sparkles. A little bit of netting, more fun foam, glitter, and wala, (I don't know the french spelling) and you have some buggy creatures that are sure to annoy the heck out of adults in nearby buzzing range. Remember, your kids are only young for a short time! Just be careful not to expose the very young, as some objects are sure to be choking hazards. Enjoy till next time!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very spacious and pretty! I'm jealous that you can have white anything, because with two messy kids and an orange cat, this is only a dream for me!

Happy Together said...

What a beautiful room!!!!!! Can I live with you? :) lol

san said...

Thank you, my two favorite blogladies! Well, the carpet just got cleaned again, a whipped cream shag, that never really looks clean, the off white walls and trim are layered with dust. The good news is the couches are slipcovered, and are easily cleaned. I have 3 cats, a rambunctious golden doodle 2 kids and of course hubby. We like bringing in lots of mud from the back yard. So thanks for thinking the room looks "white"! LOL!

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter