Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Thursday, August 6, 2009

Look what my daughter can do! And back to school contest!



She says this as she twirls around, sound familiar? She got a bit of the crafting bug from me. We couldn't find an affordable backpack for her, so we saw this big satchel at Target, it was plain to start. You can see it perched in the middle of some of the school supplies, without the embellishment.


All she did was choose some bright colors, including the polka dot. I stitched a piece of gauzy ruffle on one side of the fabric first, then we hand basted using embroidery thread, being careful not to seal up the large pocket. She sewed on the piece symbol from a broken necklace, and together we made a few of the fabric yo-yos with buttons in the center. The buttons looked so cute, we then sewed buttons on each of the large white polka dots on the fabric. It has a dimensional look now and it is very unique. I am sure we will sew more stuff on it as time goes on. What I can't believe is that we shopped her school list minus the 99.00 calculator, and we still spent a total of $70.00. This is for a middle schooler! We haven't begun to pay school fees yet, and of course, we need new shoes. I am so hoping for a paycheck job soon, or at least subbing again! It can't come soon enough!


Well I mentioned the contest. Go to my etsy site, and check out my Embellished Student Set. I will send this to the winner, (to give to a deserving student). Simply post that you went to my etsy site, saw the student set and leave a comment about what I should make more of. I haven't sold anything lately, and I am beginning to wonder if I should change my inventory for something more sellable. You be the judge! I appreciate your thoughts, whether or not you enter. Deadline for my drawing is August 21st, by 7:00 pm. This is on the eve of the last weekend before our school is back in session. I'll try to mail the set out promptly so your student can use it. Please specify boy or girl, I have one of each. Till them...

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter