Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Sunday, August 2, 2009

July Birthday Extravaganza


Ok, now you can see where most of my creative energies went these past weeks. Making stuff with mosaics was a pre-cursor to the big event which occurred this past weekend. My dad, George, officially turned 79 on Friday the 31st, but this past month also includes my brother and sis-n law's birthdays, my son's and also my dear departed niece, whom we remembered as well on our combined birthday cake. My whole fam damily came in to town for the celebration, which started at my house. You can see my decorating efforts in the way of using up scrap fabrics and boxes of seam binding. I like the way the banners take the eye away from the porch roof under construction. The only problem was that most of my family are taller than me, so some effort was needed to walk safely around.

You can see the obligatory fun gifts, wine with my dad's surname on it, cake with everyones name, so they got a piece that really was theirs! A special shout-out to my favorite baker, Sandy at A Venue Bakery in Lakewood, she generously added a cookie and treats container to our cake order!










I crafted a pill case for my dad, extra large for all those vitamins, with each of his grandchildren's pictures on them, (mod-podged) of course.
Here is a link to a gal who is running a contest on Modge Podge Mania , I think my little project above qualifies! I included his special child, Sammy, the wonder dog, though no one had a picture of him, I had to take it from the internet!

My sis, Jean shown with my son Kevin, opening his How to be a Genius and How to Fake It, or something like that! Step mom Ingrid with my shy daughter, and her Great Grandchild Zora.







Kate really likes holding the baby, she is very squirmy at 8 months!









And the next night, we gathered at my dad's home. Here you see the proud grandparents, of Zora, Jean and Clyde, all the way from Greenville, SC. I can't wait to be a grandparent too, but I have to insist my daughter grow up and become a doctor first, right Kate?

We had a wonderful time, and had to say goodbye last night, as everyone gets up early to get out of Dodge, so to speak...a long day of driving. Safe travels!
Next time, watch for a giveaway, I am overdue for some contest fun!

A family portrait, my side of the family, smaller than hubbies, but no less noisy!




2 comments:

Happy Together said...

love the banner garland!! and you must share the mod podged pill case with www.modpoderocks.blogspot.com!!! what an awesome idea!!! Glad you are having some good times this summer :)

Xazmin said...

Love the pill case! Thanks for linking up to the party!

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter