Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Friday, June 26, 2009

An anniversary, and a guest tutorial

July 7th marks 31 years of marriage. We toasted ourselves at a local restaurant happy hour. I have very few scanned pictures, but found this one, featuring my two favorite flowers, Daisy's and roses. My dress was made of "Quiana" a fancy name for polyester. Wash and wear, I even cut it down to make a cocktail dress that I wore some years later. I am saving the lace coverup for my daughter, on the very rare chance she will want anything I wore on her special day. Note the "mother nature" look to my very long hair, so practical!

We have so much to be thankful for, I will save my long stories for another day, I am remiss in posting recently about my guest blogging, more below.

I borrowed this text from SewMama's web site, enter and win!

"Join us for Sewing Machine Month! Enter to win this week’s prize package from our Sewing Machine Month sponsor: Husqvarna/Viking. Comment on any post this week for your chance to win the General Sewing Package (over $150 retail value), or you might win one of four $20 gift certificates to Sew,Mama,Sew!."


I am so excited to see my guest tutorial and link to my site
on SewMamaSew blog and shop. I just received a fabric gift from them to add to my stash. 1/2 yard each of Jennifer Paganelli's Dance With Me, a beautiful delicate pattern, and the much bolder, Amy Butler Kalidoscope Dots Leaf ~ Daisy Chain.
Here is the link to my contribution and others on buttonholes...

I hope you will check out their site, it seems very organized and borrow heavily from it's blog readers. I love all the great tutorials and a great resource for fabric I can't find in local stores. It is so exciting to have some of my favorite blogger/designers fabric in my hands, and to see the quality up close. Feel free to suggest what I could do with a 1/2 yard, embellish something.

A few more notes, we spent a wonderful weekend on the boat in Sandusky, 4th of July was cloudy but still memorable, and the sunsets that followed a day of clouds were supreme. Hubby seems happy... Enjoy.







1 comment:

Happy Together said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! The 4th of July pics are amazing! What a beautiful sunset.

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter