Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Doesn't this face make you think summer?

Summertime....
Doesn't this adorable child look like the face of summer? My niece Zora here chillin on her dad's lap. She is gracing my desk top screen background, just too cute! Only 2 days into summer vacation and I am pooped! 12 year old Kate has had several sleep overs, a trip through Cedar Point and 2 shopping trips. We spent the earlier part of the day fine tuning a brochure for her new baby sitting business she hopes to do with a girlfriend. She will need to find money for all the things she wants to do and own before we go back to school! She already had a call from her sign in our church nursery, so maybe she will start to pay her own way, who knows? All I know, is that I need a vacation from our vacation! Meanwhile, 22 year old son moved in for a couple of weeks taking over my sewing area, and has abruptly moved again into an apartment, so I spent this evening re-discovering my unfinished projects. The weather is cool and beautiful, perfect for sitting in an upstairs bedroom enjoying the night air as is blows the pattern pieces. I have to get going on some of these tops, if I hope to wear them this summer.
I am still selling some of my vintage furniture and accessories on Craig's list, I hope to start saving towards a new sewing machine. My old Elna feed dogs are giving out, and I have had it repaired many times. I cannot live without a sewing machine, so I would love some suggestions from my followers. I would like to do a little embroidery, general sewing and free motion quilting some day. I already own a serger that I do basics with, but my next machine has got to be versatile. There are some great suggestions over at SewMamaSew, a link in my previous post. I will be doing a bartack buttonhole technique. Hopefully I will pick up some ideas over there, since they are featuring all about sewing machines this month. Check it out!
I have stayed away from baking lately, as the prospect of wearing a bathing suit is looming. Rice Krispie squares are about all I have been able to do, but I bought some blueberries today, watch next post for some of my favorite cobbler and coffeecake recipes using fruit. Till then, goodnight.

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter