Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday, a day for reflection and for new beginnings

For me, this week is especially poignant. Christians all over the world commemorate the events that make up the cornerstones of our faith. But for me personally, I have felt my faith restored, as I have moved through a long period of hopelessness to a week filled with promise that my employment situation is turning around; I went to a job interview at a local vocational school for the culinary arts teacher position. Wow, would it be fun to teach kids how to run a restaurant. Haven't I watched every episode of Hell's Kitchen, just so I know how to express myself when angry?

Before this week, I have been dutifully substitute teaching, just finishing a 2 week stint teaching at my alma mater in Home Arts. I so enjoyed the sense of purpose, and being with the kids was very healing. And we finally have an offer on our one and only real estate listing, so I just got back showing homes to the seller, and am optimistic that we will find her something with the hundreds to choose from. And I picked up 2 more buyers who missed on the opportunity of my listing, but are now looking with me. My son is finally starting a job in PA next week that he has been negotiating for for over 2 months. I look at my previous postings and can read my fear and longing as we all have been praying for miracles.
Jesus life, death and resurrection, the concept of Easter, is what gives us hope and restores our lives from the junk that we are weighed down with. I feel lighter and freer than I have for a while, it is no coincidence. Even Hubby, is will be shedding his winter fur for a fresher look, it really must be spring! This pic is to document this year's growth, next blog post will show him looking more civilized.

On a previous blog post, I mentioned our pastor challenging us to tithe, and looking at the list of miracles above for our family, I do believe we have been blessed as a result. (The only downside to tithing last week, was the $30.00 overdraft fee I incurred when I bounced my checking account as a result of miscalculating the balance.) At least the bank gets their percentage, right?

One more small miracle, my son is coming for Easter, and he wants to make Rice Krispie eggs with my daughter to celebrate. He hasn't been involved with her much these past few years, but he seems to be maturing, and has been sincere in his gratitude for all the help we have been providing him, for over a year of unemployment. Click on the pic to visit the site for more ideas.
Spring is springing! Happy Easter to you all, I"ll try to blog a tutorial on my next go around.

No comments:

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Stat Counter