Ramblings...

Welcome to my blog! I hope to make your visit worthwhile and reward you with some new inspirations, sewing and recycling, crafts tutorials and recipes. Please add yourself as a follower, so that you will automatically be updated when I post something new! Please comment, I appreciate sharing mutual interests, like sewing, crafting, cooking and of course eating well! I am a former Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher, I sub in 3 school systems and moonlight at a retail ladies clothing store. I also am a licensed realtor with my hubby's company, which sometimes allows me to indulge my creative energies. A wife, a mom through adoption, Christian, boomer and a member of the sandwich generation I hope to share my unique perspectives and help you with some of yours!


Friday, January 16, 2009

Mother Nature gets our attention

Lots of snow this past week, and now the bitter cold, as schools were closed in Cleveland and across the midwest. Can't miss taking the dog on her twice daily constitutional, but definately a harrowing experience for any exposed body parts, my ears are still trying to come back to life!


Check out the socks on my pooch, Bella! She has such furry paws that we have to protect them from snow.


Walking in the beautiful metropark across from my home becomes a religious experience at times. Light filtering through the trees, snow sparkling like diamonds, freezing air that smacks you in the face. No gym workouts for me! Of course, it is hard to work the abs, unless you are slipping on ice that is!

And then there are hopes for spring, my paper whites bulbs finally have blossomed.
And just like hopes for spring, my hand is healing nicely too! Typing has been good exercise, and while, I haven't spent any time crafting, it has been a catch up on bookeeping and data entry for hubby. And job hunting, as we are falling short each month. I keep that one in prayer, but I welcome others as well.
Below zero and wind chills in dangerous level, but I promised daughter I would take her skiing. So I plan to hang in the lodge, maybe a good book as companion. She needs to be a kid, and enjoy winters' pleasures, just hope the cold doesn't kill the fun.
On a political note, any of you handmade crafters notice the new ruling that will take effect in February? What are you changing as a result? Do you feel fabric should be tested for lead by the crafter? Are you outraged that this law might take away a source of income for many? I have been reading blogs on the subject, but there is alot of confusion. More soon...

3 comments:

gracelaced said...

I found you blog when I coincidentally saw that your answer to Anna Maria Horner's drawing was that "good" reminds you of God...the same answer that I gave! I look forward to visiting your blog and learning more.

Ruth
http://www.gracelaced.com

LollyChops said...

I still completely adore your dog.. she is just so so cute!

and I love her little sockies.. gotta protect those baby feets!

san said...

Thanks for the comments! Bella is a keeper, though litke a spoiled child, can't have too many of those!

Good and God, we think alike! Thanks for posting ladies, guess I am not just typing these words for myself

Copyright Info

Please respect the Creative Commons Licensing, and do not copy pictures or content without permission from me. Creative Commons License
http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com by The 4 Rs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com.

Join the party, "Reap What You Sew, Sundays"

The4RsRamblings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Etsy Storque articles: THIS HANDMADE LIFE

Stat Counter